Who pays for your service?
We are payed by the property owners, managers and/or cooperating agencies as part of their marketing budget. Rental locators effectively multiply their in-house marketing efforts.

Do the properties cost more going through a service?
No. Prices are market driven. If a property is worth $800.00, it will not be worth $1000.00 because we showed it to you or told you about it.

Can I use my security deposit as the last month's rent?
No. The last month's rent must be paid when due. Your deposit along with an itemized list of deductions (if any) will be sent to your forwarding address within 30 days of your move.

Will the owner make cosmetic changes to my unit during the term of my lease?
Sometimes. However, the only things required by the owner to fix are those things that materially affect the health and safety of an ordinary person.

Can I paint or make cosmetic changes to my unit?
Only with the owners express written agreement. It is a violation of your lease to make any changes to the property without the owners' approval. Many residents have made great improvements to their units but without the owners' approval can be charged the cost to return the property to its original condition. CYA; submit a detailed description of the change you wish to make with any samples (colors, textures, patterns, papers, etc.) for approval. The owner, or owners' representative may also need to inspect the work after completion.

Can I have a water bed?
Water beds need to be approved by the owner of the property and any applicable Home Owners' Associations, etc. Insurance may also be required.

What if I decide to get a pet?
If you are considering getting a pet before you lease a property, it's best to get pre-approval. If you are in a lease and want to get a pet, you will need to get it approved before you get the pet. An unauthorized pet is a violation of the lease and subjects you to fines and eviction.

Who makes repairs to my unit?
The landlord must repair anything that materially affects the health and safety of an ordinary person.

What about locks and locking devices?
All keyed locks will either be re-keyed or replaced. All entry doors will have keyless dead bolts installed. Solid core entry doors will have peep holes installed. All rooms must have at least one window that opens and all windows will have a locking device. Sliding doors will have two locking devices.

Can I change the locks on my unit so I will be the only person with a key?
No. If you feel the need to add or change the locks on your property, you must first notify the landlord. If the landlord approves, you will need to supply the landlord with a copy of the keys. This applies even if you are going to change the locks back to the originals before you move.

What about lead based paint?
If you lease a property built prior to 1978, the landlord must furnish you with a lead based paint addendum. This addendum will disclose any known lead-based paint and/or lead -based paint hazards in the unit. Landlords must also provide a federally approved pamphlet on lead poisoning prevention called Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home.

What about carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide gas is a colorless, odor less gas generally created by such things as gas heaters, gas stoves and gas hot water heaters. We recommend if tenants have gas appliances or heaters, they get a carbon monoxide tester. Testers range from a button that changes color to plug in testers that work much like a smoke detector.

Can I get out of my lease early?
If your lease doesn't have an out-clause, you can only get out of your lease in the event you are drafted by the military during active time of war. If you must move, contact the landlord to discuss possible options.

What happens if I break my lease?
The landlord is required to mitigate damages by re-renting the property. You will be charged for any lost rent and expenses incurred in finding a new tenant.

What if a crime is committed or someone gets hurt?
The landlord is not responsible for things/events beyond their control or your personal property. We recommend all tenants get renter's insurance.